By Sean Patrick Adams
- Provides an summary of Andrew Jackson's existence and legacy, grounded within the newest scholarship and together with unique learn unfold throughout a couple of thematic areas
- Features 30 essays contributed by means of top students and historians
- Synthesizes the main up to date scholarship at the political, monetary, social, and cultural elements of the Age of Andrew Jackson
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
Andrew Carnegie is remembered as one of many world’s nice philanthropists. As a boy, he witnessed the benevolence of a businessman who lent his own booklet assortment to laborer’s apprentices. That early event encouraged Carnegie to create the “Free to the folk” Carnegie Library in 1895 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Winner of the Gulf South ancient Association's Michael Thomas e-book Award. In trying to find Freedom after the Civil warfare: Klansman, Carpetbagger, Scalawag, and Freedman, G. Ward Hubbs makes use of a stark and iconic political sketch to light up postwar conflicts over the that means of freedom within the American South.
service provider John Banister (1707–1767) of Newport, Rhode Island, wore many hats: exporter, importer, wholesaler, store, money-lender, extender of credits and insurer, proprietor and clothes shop of cruising vessels, and send builder for the slave alternate. His lately chanced on accounting files show his position in reworking colonial exchange in mid–18th century the United States.
Public historians operating at museums and ancient websites curious about the Civil conflict period are tasked with analyzing a interval of heritage that continues to be deeply debatable. Many viewers have powerful connections to historical websites comparable to battlefields and artifacts in addition to harbor robust convictions in regards to the reason behind the battle, its effects and the significance of slavery.
- The Home-Front War: World War II and American Society (Contributions in American History)
- Frederick Douglass: A Biography (Greenwood Biographies)
- Hemingway's Wars: Public and Private Battles
- Blacks in East Texas History: Selections from the East Texas Historical Journal
Additional info for A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Sean Patrick Adams