By David Waldstreicher
A spouse to John Adams and John Quincy Adams offers a set of unique historiographic essays contributed via major historians that disguise diversified elements of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity comparable to John Adams’ position within the overdue 18th-century dying of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read Online or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
Andrew Carnegie is remembered as one of many world’s nice philanthropists. As a boy, he witnessed the benevolence of a businessman who lent his own e-book assortment to laborer’s apprentices. That early event encouraged Carnegie to create the “Free to the folks” Carnegie Library in 1895 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Winner of the Gulf South historic Association's Michael Thomas booklet Award. In looking for Freedom after the Civil battle: Klansman, Carpetbagger, Scalawag, and Freedman, G. Ward Hubbs makes use of a stark and iconic political caricature to light up postwar conflicts over the that means of freedom within the American South.
service provider John Banister (1707–1767) of Newport, Rhode Island, wore many hats: exporter, importer, wholesaler, shop, money-lender, extender of credits and insurer, proprietor and clothes shop of boating vessels, and send builder for the slave alternate. His lately stumbled on accounting documents display his function in reworking colonial alternate in mid–18th century the US.
Public historians operating at museums and old websites considering the Civil battle period are tasked with reading a interval of historical past that continues to be deeply arguable. Many viewers have powerful connections to ancient websites reminiscent of battlefields and artifacts in addition to harbor robust convictions concerning the reason for the battle, its results and the significance of slavery.
- The Oder-Neisse Line: The United States, Poland, and Germany in the Cold War (Contributions to the Study of World History)
- The Wobblies in Their Heyday: The Rise and Destruction of the Industrial Workers of the World during the World War I Era: The Rise and Destruction of the ... of the World during the World War I Era
- African Americans in the Visual Arts (Facts on File Library of American History - a to Z of African Americans)
- Lamar Archaeology: Mississippian Chiefdoms in the Deep South
- A Companion to Custer and the Little Bighorn Campaign (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
Additional info for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by David Waldstreicher